Circulating Periodicals (Becky Breedlove) Ann Ercelawn 27 Sep 1994 18:56 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 13:57:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: BECKY@DELPHINUS.LIB.UMB.EDU
Subject: Circulating Periodicals

Oh, no!  What a tech services nightmare!  Specifically binding ... I
would think this would have dramatic consequences as to when (if
ever) was a good time to bind items that circulate...I also believe
the issues, once returned, will take more physical abuse than those
that don't...We, too, have copy machines in place & I just don't buy
the idea that if items don't circulate patrons tend to destroy or
pilfer them...you will always have those individuals regardless of
what policy you have in place...
What percentage of academic institutions circulate their periodicals?
Your comments are most welcome!

Becky Breedlove
Head, Serials
Univ Mass @ Boston