Faxon Quest Clarification (Tracey Clarke) Ann Ercelawn 28 Sep 1994 13:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 09:19:50 -0400
From: Tracey Clarke <CLARKET@FAXON.COM>
Subject: Faxon Quest Clarification

Recently, there has been some disucssion about the Faxon Quest service and its
usefulness.  We would like to clarify that Faxon Quest is the umbrella term for
two distinct services: SerialsQuest and ReQuest.

SerialsQuest, the service that is generating the discussion, was developed to
offer libraries a quicker, more cost-effective alternative to traditional paper
exchanges.  It is a relatively new system that is continually being improved.
As more and more users enter their wants/trades into the system, the matching
success rate will also improve.

ReQuest is our comprehensive back volume fulfillment service.  Request users
submit their want lists and we search price and availability.  Once we locate
the needed items, Request orders, receives, collates and ships the materials to
the client.

Both SerialsQuest and ReQuest are available to all libraries and information
centers, regardless of who their primary subscription vendor is.