Bindery Preparation (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 03 Oct 1994 20:48 UTC

2 messages, 35 lines:
------------------------

Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 1994 13:02:30 EST
From:         "Lisa M. Stienbarger" <LSTIENBA@IRISHVMA.BITNET>
Subject:      Re: Bindery Preparation

We have a shipment return from the commercial binder every other
Wednesday.  I have a student assistant that checks the shipment
in (verifying printed spine information against bind ticket), stamps
head, tail and fore-edge with property stamp and transports completed
shipments to Access Services to be discharged and re-shelved.  This
process takes approximately three (3) to five (5) working days depending
on the size of the shipment.

Lisa Stienbarger
Univ. of Notre Dame
Hesburgh Library
Bindery Prep. Unit

--------------------------
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 1994 09:18:47 CDT
From:         Connie Foster <RFOSTERC@WKYUVM.WKU.EDU>

Processing periodicals returned from the bindery is relatively quick. We
have to stamp with ownership stamp and strip with magnetic strips. A typical
shipment of 300-400 volumes can be done in no more than 2 days and sent up
to the floor. We go ahead and send them to Periodicals and then begin deleting
comments from our public catalog (at bindery notes) rather than waiting until
those deletions are made.

connie foster
rfosterc@wkyuvm.wku.edu