Re: New Postal Rates (Susan Davis) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 02 Dec 1994 16:12 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 1994 10:32:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Susan Davis <UNLSDB%UBVM.bitnet@uvmvm.uvm.edu>
Subject: RE: New Postal Rates (Scott Wicks)

I have no scientific evidence to support my feeling that this postal
rate increase has already been factored into 1995 prices.  The USPS
has been asking for an increase for some time, and this proposal went
forward in May 1994.  So publishers had a lot of warning that  an
increase was forthcoming.  And being the smart businesses that they
are, I'm sure they anticipated approval for 1995 and increased
prices accordingly.

Would any publishers care to comment on whether the new postal rates
for 1995 have already been factored into 1995 subscription prices?

Susan Davis                           BITNET: UNLSDB@UBVM
Head, Periodicals                   INTERNET: UNLSDB@UBVM.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
Central Technical Services             PHONE: (716) 645-2784
Lockwood Library Bldg.                   FAX: (716) 645-5955
State University of NY at Buffalo
BUFFALO, NY  14260-2200