Re: DRA Serials (Carla E. Pantaleon) Marcia Tuttle 22 Dec 1994 19:45 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 14:10:36 -0500
From: Carla E. Pantaleon <WHE_CXP@FLO.ORG>
Subject: Re: DRA Serials

Hello Ed, myself and another that is in the same consortium have been using
the system for the last 3 yrs.  we both use the CHECKIN and CLAIMS section
of the Serials system.  They both work very well and I haven't had must
problems in the last 6 months except for 3 titles that are regular bi-monthly
journal that the system has been claiming isues that are yet to be published,
ex. Journal of youth & adolescenc we have claimed issue #1-3 for 1995 already
even though they shouldn't have come up as an item to be claimed. I haven't
used the Holding List that the system produces because it isn't a friendly
print-out.  I still use my in-house list which my superiors would like me to
not use after we have Report Writer installed.  The only problem with that is
I still have about 7 titles that we keep (newsletter types) that aren't on
OCLC and I haven't made a short record for it to do checkin; will never show
up as an item that our library carries. So I will have to get on the ball with
those 7 titles if I have to produce my holdings list from the DRA serials sub-
system.  If you are going to begin using the system, good luck and also it is
much simpler now to use. Once you have all you titles entered and you begin
CHECK-IN it will be a simple process to process your periodicals/serials.