Commercial Programs for Serials Offices (Roger Coon) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 27 Jan 1995 14:26 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 09:13:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Roger Coon <COON%IPFWCVAX.bitnet@uvmvm.uvm.edu>
Subject: Commercial programs for serials offices

        After struggling through another year with in-house developed
program for our serials review process, I have come to the conclusion
that there must be a better way out there.  We are looking for a program
that will allow us to track expenditures per department, price changes,
and allow us to input a variety of fields for information on usage by
title, ranking, etc.
        I would appreciate hearing any and all suggestions for such
programs.  I want to know both the good and the bad.  FWIW, we are
primarily an Ebsco subscriber and would want to make use of their list
and invoice on disk.
Thanks in advance,

Brad Coon
Serials Assistant