LC Serials Cataloging Requests and Questions William C. Anderson 15 Feb 1995 22:59 UTC

To: Subscribers of SERIALST
From: Library of Congress, Serial Record Division
Re: LC serials cataloging requests and questions via e-mail
Date: February 15th

   Serials cataloging supervisors and catalogers at the Library
of Congress have been SERIALST subscribers for some time now and
regularly review listserv messages for queries\requests that may
involve LC serial records.  Over the course of time we have
noticed messages that could have been sent directly to LC serials
cataloging offices to resolve problems with records or to answer
questions.  We would like to distribute over SERIALST
different e-mail addresses of LC accounts that you may find useful
for sending queries\requests concerning serials cataloging.

   For general questions concerning LC serials catalog records
(with field 042 *lc*) or serials cataloging policies and practice

     SERREC@LOC.GOV

   For questions concerning the assignment of the ISSN to serial
publications or National Serials Data Program records (with field
042 *nsdp*):

     ISSN@LOC.GOV

   For questions concerning other authenticated CONSER records,
documentation, or policies and practices:

     JHIR@LOC.GOV

   We realize that questions involving serials cataloging are not
always clear-cut matters, and often records or questions may
involve a mixture of LC\CONSER\ISSN issues.  If you feel that
your question\request does involve at least one of the offices
listed above but you're not sure just which, then you should send
your message to the first listed address (SERREC@LOC.GOV).

   Thanks in advance for your cooperation AND input.