Re: Help: in house, temporary binding (2 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 24 Feb 1995 15:13 UTC

2 messages:
_________

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:25:05 -0500
From: "Geraldine H. Wescott" <wescott@LYCO.LYCOMING.EDU>
Subject: RE: Help: in-house, temporary binding

We use the Togic binding system from Bro-Dart.  I think it does a good
job for materials that will be held for 5-10 years.

Gerre Wescott
Periodicals Technician

_________

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:38:14 -0500
From: Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>

What is it exactly that you would like to know?  We do what we call
pambinding; it's a heat process, and vinyl binders (they are sturdier on
the shelf than the paper and can be re-used); deal with the Bind-It Corp.

We choose for binding titles that are floppy --eg, Macleans, Newsweek et
al, and have a limited shelf life--usually up to 3 years.  The old
procedure was to bind together as many issues as seemed to fit the binder;
I've since changed that to a set period, generally one month.

Hope this helps--

Jeanette Skwor
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
skworj@uwgb.edu