Pattern records (Craig Fairley) Marcia Tuttle 13 Apr 1995 13:59 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:57:02 +0500
From: Craig Fairley <fairley@INFORAMP.NET>
Subject: Pattern records (Elaine Duffie)

I was involved with the conversion of a 6000 title collection
to an ILS.  We were converting from a PC-based system which was
able to provide output of pattern infoemation.  We had our ILS
vendor program a loader for this data.  I must say that it was
not a success.  Because of inconsitencies in how the  MARC
holdings format was interpreted by the two systems, we ended up
having to edit the pattern of every record anyway.  We figure
it would have been faster to input the pattern info manually.
You may be in a better situation if you can find another SIRSI
site to share with.  I would be happy to share more of my
experiences off-list.

Craig Fairley
Information Dynamics
(905) 842-9506