Cost of Publications (Muriel Riester) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 May 1995 14:27 UTC

Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 14:32:18 +0100
From: "Muriel Riester Library Dept. Of Math.Ulp Strasbourg France"
 <muriel@MATH.U-STRASBG.FR>
Subject: cost of publications

We have placed nearly all our subscriptions to the agency Europeriodiques
(about 200). But due to a budget restriction we have to reconsider our list
of serials and possibly cut a part of them.

We know that Kluwer increased its prices of about 20 % in the period
1993-95, more than the usual 5 % increase that we can expect each year.
How is it for the other publishers, what is the general "feeling"
concerning prices for 1996, does anybody have more informations ?

Please reply to the list. Thank you for any help you can give.

Melle M. RIESTER                                Muriel@math.u-strasbg.fr
Universite Louis Pasteur
Departement de Mathematique et d'Informatique
Bibliotheque
7, rue Rene Descartes
67084 Strasbourg cedex
_____
Ed. note: Price projections for 1996 were posted to this list by several vendors
not too long ago and are available in the SERIALST archives.  Pricing issues
are also discussed at length in the _Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues_.  To
subscribe, send the message : subscribe prices <your name>   to:
listserv@unc.edu. Or visit the _Newsletter_'s web site at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/reference/prices/prices.html