Journal of Asian History (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 29 Jun 1995 17:37 UTC

2 messages, 61 lines:
-------------------------

Date:         Thu, 29 Jun 1995 12:36:06 +22303754
From:         Stephen Lacey <S.Lacey@NLA.GOV.AU>
Subject:      Journal of Asian History/Harrassowitz

Further to Laura Vogler's inquiry about the above mentioned, I agree
wholeheartedly with E. Gaele Gillespie in praising Harrassowitz as a
reputable library vendor which we have also used for over 30 years.  Likewise
we have received Vol.28 no.2 (1994) in March of this year and have rarely
had to claim missing issues in the past.

     _________________
      T T T T T T T T        Stephen Lacey, OIC Serial Orders
      I I I I I I I I        S.Lacey@nla.gov.au
      I I I I I I I I        National Library of Australia
      T T T T T T T T        Phone: +616 2621321
    ===================      Fax: +616 2734322

----------------------------
Date:         Thu, 29 Jun 1995 09:30:38 -0400
From:         Susan Troop <stroop@MARAUDER.MILLERSV.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Question about Journal of Asian History

On Wed, 28 Jun 1995, Laura Vogler wrote:

> This question is for anyone who takes a subscription to JOURNAL OF
> ASIAN HISTORY.  We order our subscription through an agency.  The
> last issue we received is from 1990.  We have paid for 1991 and 1992
> but have not received the issues.  Our agency is currently trying to
> get the issues that are owed to us or our money back (it seems the
> likelihood of either of these two things happening is slim.)
> Anyway, we now have to order direct.

We had exactly the same thing happen to us.  I think EBSCO finally
managed to refund our money.

> Has anyone else had a problem
> getting issues owed to them?

We sent several letters and finally got a response from them on ordering
the missing issues directly from them.

> Does anyone deal with the publisher
> (Otto Harrassowitz Verlag) directly?  What experience have you had
> dealing with them?  I tried sending them a fax a couple of months
> back and could never get through.

We haven't had any more problems once we got in direct contact with them
so keep trying!

Susan A. Troop
Periodicals Assistant           email:  stroop@marauder.millersv.edu
Ganser Library                  voice:  (717) 872-3645
Millersville University         FAX:    (717) 872-3954
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302