Reduction in receipts (Catherine Nelson) Marcia Tuttle 14 Jul 1995 20:39 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 13:28:03 -0700
From: Catherine Nelson <nelson@LIBRARY.UCSB.EDU>
Subject: Reduction in receipts

Dear Serialistas:
Over the past couple of weeks we have had a dramatic reduction in journal
issues coming into the library  Normally the summer is a little slower,
however what we are experiencing goes beyond that. We are receiving half
sometimes less than half of what we normally receive.  Are other
libraries experiencing a similar reduction in receipts?  Is this a
national phenomenon or peculiar to southern California (due to the
unabomber)?  Any insights would be welcome. Thanks.

Catherine Nelson
Head, Serials Department
Davidson Library
University of California