Re. Ceased title? Computers and People (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 27 Sep 1995 21:08 UTC

3 messages, 58 lines:
-----------------------

Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 1995 12:22:10 -0500
From:         Sue Coffey <fcoffeys@NEXUS.MWSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Ceased title? Computers and People

At 09:30 AM 9/27/95 EST, Terry Schiissler wrote:

>I have checked my online electronic sources for the following title
>
>  Computers and People
>  ISSN 0361-1442
>  Formerly Published by  Berkeley Enterprises
>                         Waltham, MA
>
>Has this title ceased publication?  Is it still being published? ...

I also think Computers and People has ceased.  I cannot find out for
certain.  The last issue we received in 1988.

Sue Coffey
Serials Librarian
Moffett Library
Midwestern State University
3410 Taft
Wichita Falls Tx 76308
phone 817 689-4173
e-mail  fcoffeys@nexus.mwsu.edu

-----------------------------
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 1995 08:52:08 -0700
From:         Serials Unit <serials@SCILIBX.UCSC.EDU>

Our records show Computers and People ceased with
vol.37:1(JAN./FEB.1988), and it appears that we were informed of this by
Dawson Subs. Service, our vendor. I checked Melvyl, the UC system wide
catalog and found no issues beyond that.

Rosemary Bryan,
Serials Ordering Coordinator

Serials Section
The University Library
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 1995 12:33:22 -0600
From:         MARIA E REYES <mreyes@UTEP.EDU>

Terry, here at the University of Texas at El Paso, we used to get Computers
and People, we have a note from our vendor Faxon, that it temporarily
suspended publication with vol.37, Jan/Feb 1988 issue.  I definitely
think  it died. Estela