Re: Technical Info. Center or Library? (3 messages) Ann Ercelawn 16 Oct 1995 15:45 UTC

3 messages:
_______

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:38:24 -0400
From: Joyce Tracy <jat@MWA.ORG>
Subject: Re: Technical Info. Center or Library? (Susan Smith)

Worcester State College and Quinsigimond Community College in our area
call their libraries Learning Resource Centers or LRCs. The rest of the
college, medical and business libraries are called just that: libraries.
  Joyce Ann Tracy                     *********************************
  Curator of Newspapers               *  email:     jat@mwa.org  *
  American Antiquarian Society        *  phone:     (508) 755-5221    *
  185 Salisbury Street                *  fax:       (508) 753-3311    *
  Worcester, Mass.  01609             *********************************

_______

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: rachel <5704P%NAVPGS.BITNET@cmsa.Berkeley.EDU>

how about technical information center and library? it's got
something for everyone. just a thought.

cheers,

   _/    _/   _/_/_/    _/_/_/        Rachel Hollis, Serials Librarian
  _/_/  _/   _/   _/  _/_/            Naval Postgraduate School
 _/  _/_/   _/_/_/       _/           Monterey California
_/    _/   _/       _/_/_/            5704p@vm1.cc.nps.navy.mil

_______

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 10:12:52 -0500
From: Paula Lynch <lynch1@JEFLIN.TJU.EDU>

HI!

Why not leave "Technical Information Center" as the name, but
cross-reference the phone numbers and email address, etc. under the entry
"Technical Library" in the phone/email directories as well?  Or better,
just enter one cross-reference from "Technical Library" to "Tech. Info.
Center."  This is a solution used by an Information Center I've worked with
in the past.

Paula

Paula M. Lynch                           email:
Collection Managment Librarian            lynch1@jeflin.tju.edu
Scott Memorial Library                   phone:
Thomas Jefferson University               (215) 955-8406
1020 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA  10107-5587
                             "Rock - Hardplace - ME!"
                                             -- C. Bing