Re: MARC format - template and training (Crystal Graham) Ann Ercelawn 18 Oct 1995 01:45 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 15:57:06 -0700
From: Crystal Graham <cgraham@GORT.UCSD.EDU>
Subject: Re: MARC format - template and training (Paula Lynch)

Although it does not address the serials-specific need you have, I'd like
to put in a plug for the OCLC CBT (computer-based training) product.  It
introduces staff to searching, the online union catalog, etc.  Recently
two new students in my department used this product enthusiastically and
effectively.  It's very helpful to introduce terminology like "delimiter"
and "subfield code," and it includes self-testing exercises.

Crystal Graham (cgraham@ucsd.edu)