Re: Mutilated Materials (Margaret Blair) Ann Ercelawn 28 Nov 1995 17:18 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:20:00 +0000
From: Margaret Blair <MBLAIR@HSL1.AB.UMD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Mutilated Materials (Joan Kammerer)

Dear Joan,

I work in a similar library (health sciences) as the
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian.  We have the same problem with razored
or torn out pages that you describe.  We also take the same steps you
mention to replace the missing pages.  We seem to have the most problem
with nursing journals and have gone so far as to order an extra copy of
some of the more popular ones and keep the extras in a storage area just
so we can quickly get some photocopies or even an entire issue!

Margaret K. Blair
Head, Acquisitions/Serials Dept.
Health Sciences Library
University of Maryland at Baltimore