Newspaper Collection Development Policies (Arlene Weible) Ann Ercelawn 30 Nov 1995 14:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:58:59 -0800
From: Arlene Weible <aweible@WILLAMETTE.EDU>
Subject: Newspaper Collection Development Policies

We are in the process of writing a comprehensive collection development
policy for the first time here at Willamette Univ. (I know we are a
little slow ...) We already have a policy in place for periodicals, but I
want to also include a separate section on newspapers.

I am seeking examples of policies related specifically to the selection
and retention of newspapers. Since we are a small liberal arts school,
I'm especially anxious to hear like institutions.

Thanks in advance!

Arlene Weible
Periodicals and Government Documents Librarian
Willamette University
Mark O. Hatfield Library
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-375-5343