Re. When missing issues are no longer available? (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 06 Nov 1995 16:47 UTC

2 messages, 41 lines:
------------------------

Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 1995 16:28:17 -0500
From:         College of New Rochelle <cnr5@TRANSIT.NYSER.NET>
Subject:      When missing issues are no longer available?

We check with:
1.  Gift and exchange
2.  Secondhand vendors

Charlotte Diana Moslander
Periodicals Librarian
Gill Library
College of New Rochelle
New Rochelle, NY  10805
(914)654-5814 (vox)
(914)654-5884 (fax)
cnr5@transit.nyser.net

---------------------------
Date:         Fri, 3 Nov 1995 17:53:36 -0600
From:         Piercy Angela F <afp048s@NIC.SMSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: When missing issues are no longer available?

        At the library I work at, we try to get these missing issues from
one of two sources. One of these is United States Book Exchange (USBE)
and the other is Jaeger.  Both of these companies have catalogs listing
the titles of back issues they normally carry.  I know that you can order
from USBE over the internet but I am not sure about Jaeger.  USBE
receives most of their periodicals in donations from various libraries.
They are usually able to fulfill our requests.  However, if we have tried
USBE and Jaeger, and neither can provide the issue we are missing, we
will then bind with that issue listed as missing on the spine.  If a
patron needs an article from this missing issue, we ILL it for that
patron for free.
        If you are interested in these sources, I can get their adresses
at a later time.

Angela F. Piercy <afp048s@NIC.SMSU.EDU>