Excessive Skin Dryness - Fingers and Serials Work (4 messages) Birdie MacLennan 10 Nov 1995 17:00 UTC

4 messages, 69 lines:

(1)-----------------------
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 1995 18:18:53 -0400
From:         Lynnda Neethling <02NEETHLING@CUA.EDU>
Subject:      Excessive skin dryness

I know a mechanic that used to complain of the same problem, probably
from working with harsh metal parts. He eventually found a solution by
using the cream that veternarians (and farmers) use to lubricate their
hands when milking cows! I know it sounds radical ... but it really
worked. Good luck!

Lynnda Neethling
School of Library & Info Science
Catholic University of America
<02NEETHLING@CUA.EDU>

(2)------------------------
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:58:46 -0600
From:         Melissa Fayad <FAYAD@LAW.MISSOURI.EDU>
Subject:      Excessive Skin Dryness - Fingers and Serials Work (3
              messages) -Reply

I don't remember the brand, but we have it here at our library.  It
comes in a jar like cold cream and is used to moisturize leather
covers of books in the rare book room.  It doesn't ruin paper like
many hand creams can since it is made especially for library
conservation.  One great side affect is that it treats your hands
just like it does the antique leather covers.  Maybe you could trade
a block of time doing book conservation with the person who does that
in exchange for some task that you have.

Melissa Hassien Fayad
Serials Assistant
U. of MO-Columbia
Law Library
FAYAD@law.missouri.edu

(3)------------------------
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:09:57 -0600
From:         "Jayne A. Sappington" <xpjas@TTACS.TTU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Excessive Skin Dryness - Fingers and Serials Work (3 messages)

Something that also helps to relieve dry sky is to drink lots of water.
In the winter it can be even more important to drink more water because
of the dry climate.  People do not always think of drinking water as a
way of helping your skin, but it does.  I have learned from living in a
very dry climate that water helps your skin.

Jayne A. Sappington                     xpjas@ttacs.ttu.edu
Librarian Coordinator                   (806)742-3759  voice
Texas Tech University                   (806)742-1629  fax
School of Law Library
Box 40004
Lubbock, TX  79409

Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 16:12:23 -0700
From: Ron Phillips <Ron.Phillips@sonoma.edu>
Subject: Re: Excessive Skin Dryness -

  Reply to:   RE>Excessive Skin Dryness - Fingers and Serials Work (3...

You guys are all kidding, right?

 Ron Phillips <Ron.Phillips@sonoma.edu>