Blackwell Organizational Changes (Matt Nauman) Marcia Tuttle 25 Jan 1996 13:23 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 16:20:14 PST
From: Matt Nauman <NAUMAN@BNAMF.BLACKWELL.COM>
Subject: Blackwell Organizational Changes

The Board of Blackwell Limited is pleased to announce the
formation of Blackwell Delaware Incorporated as the holding
company of its North American library supply business:
Blackwell North America, Readmore Inc. and Readmore Academic
Services.

The Board has appointed Fred A. Philipp as President and CEO
of Blackwell Delaware Inc. In addition to his position of
President and CEO of Blackwell North America, Mr. Philipp
will also assume the Presidency of Readmore Inc. and
Readmore Academic Services and has joined the main board of
Blackwell Limited.

Julian Blackwell, Chairman of Blackwell Limited, commented:
"We have in B H  Blackwell an extremely successful business
that exploits the synergies of combining book and journal
services within a single organization. We intend to maintain
Blackwell North America and Readmore as separate entities
and as central elements of our long term investment in the
future. We believe a single head of these substantial North
American operations will enable us to build further on our
position as premier supplier of both books and journals to
the library market worldwide and to ensure that we invest
wisely in the opportunities new technology offers us. I am
particularly pleased that Fred Philipp will be joining the
Group Board."

Dan Tonkery has resigned his position as President of
Readmore Inc. to pursue other business interests.