Volume #'s for _Editor and Publisher_ (3 messages) Marcia Tuttle 26 Jan 1996 13:36 UTC

From: MJWEP@sbu.edu
Date:          Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:56:05 EDT
Subject:       Re: volume #'s for Editor & Publisher (Beth Joress)

I sent an e-mail message to the publisher.

The response was  "the Typo"  will be corrected in susbsequent issues.
In other words the volume number for 1996 is v.29.

Isn't periodical check-in maintenance  fun ?!!!

Mary Jane Wepasnick                   Phone: 716-375-2345
Periodicals Assistant                 Email: mjwep@sbu.edu
Friedsam Memorial Library
St. Bonaventure, NY l4778

Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 1996 16:41:15 -0500
From: Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>

Ours went from vol. 128 #52 directly to vol. 130 #1.  The dates are the
same as yours.

Generally with odd things like this, I wait to see what the next issue is
numbered.  Sometimes it's just a fluke, and so--in this case--if the issue
after 130 #1 was 129 #2, I would've gone into the stacks and corrected the
actual physical issue to read v. 129 #1.  If two in a row are weird, I take
it that's the way they want it, or the poor things don't know any better.

Jeanette Skwor
skworj@uwgb.edu

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 17:22:18 -0600 (CST)
From: Tracy Ruppman <truppma@orion.it.luc.edu>

My 1/13/96 is marked as v.130:no.2 not v.129.
My guess is that the first one was misnumbered.

*Tracy Ruppman                                The secret of life isn't in
*E.M. Cudahy Memorial Library                 what happens to you, but what
*Loyola University Chicago                    you do with what happens to
*truppma@orion.it.luc.edu                     you. --Norman Vincent Peale