Mnemosyne / Memnosyne (4 messages) Birdie MacLennan 24 Feb 1996 01:03 UTC

4 messages, 82 lines:

(1)--------------------------
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 1996 14:55:57 -0400
From:         "JOHN WALES, BATA LIBRARY SERIALS DEPARTMENT,
              TRENT UNIVERSITY PETERBOROUGH ONTARIO CANADA (705) 748-1434"
              <JWALES@TRENTU.CA>
Subject:      Re: Memnosyne -request for info.

Pam Wells wrote:
>A grad. student of ours has found a citation for Memnosyne on
>one of our religion databases, but we are unable to find a bib.
>record on OCLC in order to locate other institutions with
>holdings. Can anyone give us info. on this title? Perhaps he
>has not given us the entire correct title.  Thanks!Anks!

We have been receiving Mnemosyne for years.  I shall list the relevant data
for you:

ISSN == 0026-7074

Title == Mnemosyne.  Bibliotheca classica Batava

Publisher == E.J. Brill

Published in English, French, German and Latin

Dates of publication == v.1-11, 1852-62; nova ser., v. 1-60, 1873-1933:
                        3. ser., v. 1-13, 1933/34-1947; 4. ser. v. 1-, 1948-

The last volume we received was volume 47 dated 1994.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,
John Wales
Serials Dept., Bata Library
Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

(2)-------------------------
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:24:40 +0500
From:         Frieda Rosenberg <friedat@EMAIL.UNC.EDU>

Pamela:

Try the spelling "Mnemosyne" instead of "Memnosyne." There are several
of them in OCLC.

Frieda Rosenberg
Serials Cataloging
UNC-Chapel Hill

(3)-------------------------
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:55:39 -0500
From:         JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <ULCJH@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU>

Try the spelling   Mnemosyne    (the first M is silent).

Judith Hopkins                                    716 - 645-2796 (phone)
Technical Services Research and Analysis Officer  716 - 645-5955 (FAX)
Lockwood Library Building
University at Buffalo                   ULCJH@UBVM.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200                 Listowner of AUTOCAT@UBVM. ...

   The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily
       represent those of the University at Buffalo Libraries

Date:          Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:00:22 EST
From:          "Charles Dabkowski" <DABKOWSK@eagle.niagara.edu>

perhaps spelling is the problem--try Mnemosyne"

Charles T. Dabkowski
Head of Acquisitions & Serials
Niagara University Library
Niagara University, NY 14109