Re. Materials Engineering (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 29 Mar 1996 18:27 UTC

3 messages, 94 lines:

(1)-------------------------
Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:22:46 -0600
From:         Gayle Van Auken <vanaukeg@LHL.LIB.MO.US>
Subject:      Re: Query about Materials Engineering

Donnice Cochenour wrote:
>We want to bind the final volume of _Materials Engineering_   (0025-5319)
>which died with V. 109 (1992).   We have pieces in-hand through V. 109, no.
>11, November, 1992.   The publication was a monthly and we've tried to
>obtain the December, 1992 issue.   Our vendor checked their records and
>suggested that  Vol. 109, no. 11 was the final issue for this title.
>However, we can find table of contents information for V. 109, no 12 on
>UnCover.   When the library identified as holding this issue was contacted,
>they were unable to locate their copy.
>
>Can anyone verify  that  V. 109, no. 12 (December, 1992) exists for
>_Materials Engineering_?  ...

Donnice,

The only issue we have received for MATERIALS ENGINEERING (December 1992)
is an unnumbered issue called, "Materials Selector".  There is a goodbye
message from the editor on page 1, which states that, "Materials Engineering
has discontinued publication as of its November issue."

Hope this is helpful.

Gayle J. Van Auken
Head, Receiving
Linda Hall Library
5109 Cherry
Kansas City, Missouri 64110
vanaukeg@lhl.lib.mo.us
Voice:(816)926-8708

(2)------------------------
Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:47:43 -0700
From:         Elizabeth Boyson <alieb@GEMINI.OSCS.MONTANA.EDU>
Comments: To: Donnice Cochenour <DCochenour@VINES.COLOSTATE.EDU>

Regarding Materials Engineering

We have a copy of the December 1992 issue.

It is a 8 1/2 X 11 glossy unlike the oversize newspaper edition the other
1992 monthly editions are.
The cover reads

December 1992                   A Penton Publication
MATERIALS
ENGINEERING

Applications in Design / Manufacturing R & D

Materials
Selector
1993

There is no volume numbering in the issue.
The running title has the December 1992 date on every page.

I *HOPE* this is what you are looking for.

Elizabeth Boyson                       Phone:406-994-5305
Montana State University--Bozeman      FAX:406-994-2851
Serials/Acquisitions                   Internet: alieb@montana.edu
The Libraries
Bozeman, MT 59717-0332               "All there is  is all there is."

Date:         Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:24:03 EST
From:         BRAD COON <coon@CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU>

The 12th issue is the 1993 Materials Selector issue which we did receive.
Hope that helps,
Brad Coon                             If you are not living on
COON@CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU            the edge, you are taking
http://cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu/~coon/   up too much space.

"Civilize the mind and make savage the body."
        Chinese proverb