Serials Cancellations repercussions Albert Henderson 01 Apr 1996 17:23 UTC

Jane Thompson, INTERNET:Jane.Thompson@UC.EDU had written
> ...  Finally some of the faculty
> have begun to speak out about the problem--and some people have
> interpreted this effort as an attack on the management wisdom of
> the library. Has anyone else had this situation develop?

Please reply to me with your postal address and I'll send you some reprints,
clippings, and other stuff. The attack is properly laid on the 'wisdom'
of the university administrators who haven't funded library collection
growth at the same rate they have spent money on research. The problem
goes back 50 years and is periodically aggravated by devaluations in the
U.S. dollar and Washington politics. See my letter in SCIENCE 22 March issue.

Al Henderson, Editor, Publishing Research Quarterly
<70244.1532@COMPUSERVE.COM>