Re: Virtual Holdings (E. Gaele Gillespie) Ann Ercelawn 19 Apr 1996 13:25 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 19:59:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: "E. Gaele Gillespie" <GGILLESP@UKANVM.BITNET>
Subject: Re: Virtual Holdings (Charles Oates)

on "virtual holdings" that were posed:

  " ...For those who take the trouble to answer these questions, I will
summarize the responses..."

   Since this is a new area for many of us, many of us are just beginning
to wrestle and tackle it, and there hasn't been discussion prior to this,
I'd appreciate it if you would summarize for the whole list, not only "for
those who take the trouble to answer" your questions.  While we catalog and
make available our holdings for cd-rom materials in our online catalog (and
have since 1989), we're just now deciding how to handle the even more "virtual
holdings" of e-journals, etc.  Perhaps others, as I, would appreciate it if
you would share your summary with the larger audience on SERIALST who would
take the trouble to answer your questions if only we have something tangible
to share at this point.   Thanks -- Gaele

E. Gaele Gillespie / Serials Librarian / University of Kansas Libraries
Internet:  ggillesp@ukanvm.cc.ukans.edu