Re: Manuscript serials and format integration Frieda Rosenberg 25 Apr 1996 21:58 UTC

Joe,
    On OCLC, manuscript serials would be cataloged not as mixed
materials, but as books. (Mixed materials can only be collections
organized around a person or body.) With the Books format, you are not
allowed to input a 362--it will not validate.  With the serials
format, you are not allowed a Type t--it will not validate.  If not
exclusions, they are at least complications which require much labor
to work around.   Our solution is to ignore manuscript coding until we
get further information.

Regards,
Frieda Rosenberg, UNC-CH
<friedat@EMAIL.UNC.EDU>