Re: Subscriptions to Biological Abstracts in print Charles Dabkowski 26 Apr 1996 18:07 UTC

Tasha Cooper <cooper@lyco.lycoming.edu> wrote:

> We are a small (serving 1500 undergraduates), private, academic library
> trying to decide whether or not to keep subscribing to Biological
> Abstracts in print (and unable to afford the CD).  We are wondering how
> many similarly-sized academic libraries (160,000+ volumes) are continuing
> to subscribe to Biological Abstracts, and if not, what creative
> alternatives librarians have found.
>
> Many thanks for your assistance.
>
> Tasha Cooper <cooper@lycoming.edu>
> Snowden Library
> Lycoming College
> 700 College Place
> Williamsport, PA  17701-5192
> 717--321-4068

Niagara University cancelled Bio Abstracts several years ago( We are
closer to 300,000 volumes. We did not get the CD, and our Biology
department has not asked us o reinstate it.>

Charles T. Dabkowski
Head of Acquisitions & Serials
Niagara University Library
Niagara University, NY 14109