Society for Scholarly Publishing annual meeting (fwd) Birdie MacLennan 29 Apr 1996 17:27 UTC

Forwarded from PACS-L, FYI.   -bml

--------------------------
Date:    Fri, 26 Apr 1996 15:58:57 CDT
From:    Public-Access Computer Systems Forum <LIBPACS@UHUPVM1.UH.EDU>
Subject: Society for Scholarly Publishing annual meeting announcement

From: Quarterlies <quarterly@NY.hq.acm.org>
 --------------------------
ASSESSING THE REALITY OF NEW MARKETS AND NEW MEDIA
The Transition to Electronic Publishing Continues

Society for Scholarly Publishing
18th Annual Meeting, May 29-31, 1996
Minneapolis Hilton and Towers, Minneapolis, MN

The 18th Annual Meeting of the Society for Scholarly Publishing will give us
an opportunity to assess the reality of electronic publishing while
providing practical tools to face the challenges of the future. How are
publishers successfully rethinking the market, the product, and the process
during this time of change? How successful are these new products? Are we
being pushed by our customers to develop new products, or pulled by the
promise of new technology? What price have we paid for developing them?

Join publishers, scholars, and librarians in a series of honest, lively
discussions that focus on how to succeed as publishers and professionals
during this dynamic state of tension known as transition. Together we can
assess how far we have come, what has really changed in how we do our work,
and what knowledge and skills we need to succeed in the future.

Premeeting Seminar: Exploring the Internet as a Publishing Environment
Practical Workshops: Marketing for the 21st Century
Web Page Designs that Work
Effective Indexing: Making Your Web Site Easy to Find
Web site and CD-ROM Showcase

Plenary Session: NII and the Future of Copyright

Other Sessions: Rethinking Product Development
Developing New Pricing Models
CD-ROM--How Is It Working? Where Is It Going?
Managing Human Resources in a Changing Environment
The Library in Transition
Open vs. Proprietary Approaches to Electronic Journal Publishing
Joint Ventures and Partnerships: Rethinking New Models
Professional Development: Making Yourself More Marketable in Today's
Environment
Practical Experiences in Electronic Publishing
The Changing Legal Landscape
The Digital Library
Journal Publishing Today

REGISTRATION INORMATION

For registration information, please contact: SSP Meeting Registration,
10200 W. 44th Avenue, #304, Wheatridge, CO  80033-2840; phone:
(303)422-3914; Fax: 303-422-8894