Rebinding journals when complete (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 09 Apr 1996 17:31 UTC

2 messages, 48 lines:

(1)--------------------------
Date:         Mon, 8 Apr 1996 15:08:37 -0400
From:         "Geraldine H. Wescott" <wescott@LYCO.LYCOMING.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Rebinding journals when complete

Anne

What we do is home-bind the issues of an incomplete volume. We have a
Bro-Dart machine that uses plastic pins in holes we've drilled.
Commercially binding incomplete vols and rebinding seems an expensive way
to go.

Like you, if we didn't bind in some way,  we would loose even more issues
while waiting for the missing ones.

Gerre
 <wescott@LYCO.LYCOMING.EDU>

(2)--------------------------
Date:         Mon, 8 Apr 1996 15:02:15 -0500
From:         Judi Shaffer <shafferj@EMAIL.UAH.EDU>

We only bind as incomplete after an exhaustive check of sources for the
missing issues.  After we give up on being able to locate a replacement,
we bind as incomplete.  Rarely if ever do we rebind - only once in my
tenure and that was because someone donated some journals which included
some that filled in two different "incomplete volumes."  Those we did rebind.

Judi Shaffer
Head of Serials and Document Delivery
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama