Re: Rebinding journals when complete (Regina Mira) Ann Ercelawn 10 Apr 1996 21:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:36:51 -0500
From: Regina Mira <MIRAR1@LION.UOFS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Rebinding journals when complete (2 messages)

From:   IN%"MIRAR1@LION.UOFS.EDU"

We at the Weinberg Memorial Library, University of Scranton, have our
binder insert blank pages for missing issues.  In the event we are
lucky enough to obtain said issue we ask him to insert it and he
charges us half of what it would normally take to bind complete volume,etc.

Also, when removing current periodicals from the shelves for binding and,
if issues are missing we tie and retain them on a shelf in our office,
(only if there are other issues remaining in the box).  A list of missing
issues is distributed to Reference, Inter-library Loan, Circulation Depts.
plus one displayed on missing shelf.  Therefore, if anyone is looking
for a particular title and unable to locate it, staff checks the list.

I feel we are able to have some control over additional issues being
lost and are able to request copies more easily.

Does anyone else use a practice similar to ours?

Regina Mira
Serials Dept.Room 218
Weinberg Memorial Library
University of Scranton