Re: New vs. reconditioned microfilm machines (Tim Lawrence) Ann Ercelawn 11 Apr 1996 17:00 UTC

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 12:36:25 -0400
From: Tim Lawrence <lawrencet@NKU.EDU>
Subject: Re: New vs. reconditioned microfilm machines (Steve Black)

I have no experience with reconditioned reader/printer's, but when
I was still a student I worked in the our Periodicals department for over
a year, and this included working with both 500 and 600 series  Minolta
RP's. The 600 series RP's are in my view *less* reliable then the older
machines, because they have more bells and whistles that can and do
malfunction. I would hardly consider the newer machine to be worth an extra
$4,500.

Tim Lawrence                            lawrencet@nku.edu
Serials Assistant
Northern Kentucky University