Re: Check-in of electronic journals Donna Packer 10 May 1996 23:11 UTC

We are just beginning to address this issue in our library.  For the time
being, I am planning to set up check-in records for each electronic title,
and have someone go online perhaps once each quarter to check and see that
the title is available as expected (I don't think we can rely on patron
response to tell us).  If, however, there is a better way to check on the
availability of these titles, we would very much like to know about it.

I do know our internal auditor has some difficulty understanding library
serials and acquisitions processes, and to the extent I can demonstrate
we got what we paid for, as we can with our check-in records for print
and microform materials, the better off we will be.

                        - Donna Packer
                          Head of Access Services
                          Western Washington University Libraries

-------