Re: Horizon Serials Control: call number & holdings displays Patricia Sayre McCoy 28 Jun 1996 18:06 UTC

John Mead <johnm@ohs.org> wrote:
> Here at the Oregon Historical Society we just upgraded to version 4.1 of
> the Horizon system, and have found that the OPAC module no longer
> displays the call number and local holdings information for our serials.
> We have a call in to Ameritech about this, but I wondered if others had
> experienced this; of course, given that many of you may not have cause to
> search the OPAC, you may not be aware if this has happened...

John,
Have you created copy records for all your serials?  That's where Horizon
pulls the holdings information.  For call number indexing, you have to have
at least one ITEM record with a call number.  Contact me privately for
details if you need them.

Patricia Sayre McCoy                      Cataloging Supervisor
p-mccoy@uchicago.edu                      D'Angelo Law Library
                                          University of Chicago