Table of Contents Services (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 05 Jun 1996 17:15 UTC

2 messages, 40 lines:

(1)----------------------
Date:         Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:57:15 -0400
From:         Cynthia Runyon <libcgr@EMORY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Table of Contents services

Once a year we send a form to all faculty members giving them the
opportunity to request the table-of-contents for up to five journals in
the collection.  We enclose a list of new journals acquired during the
year.  When entered into the system according to instructions,
the faculty name and address prints out automatically when that title is
checked in.  We then photocopy the tables-of-contents and put them in the
campus mail.  Not all take advantage of the service, but those who do
express appreciation.

Cynthia Runyon
Pitts Theology Library
libcgr@emory.edu

(2)-----------------------
Date:         Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:19:07 -0500
From:         Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>

>      I am going to present our company with the idea of a table of contents
>      service to replace at least some of our routed serials.  Do any of you
>      use a table of contents service?  I'd be interested in your
>      experiences with it, things like cost effectiveness, satisfaction
>      levels with your vendor, etc.
>
> [From:  Elizabeth Cronk <Elizabeth.Cronk@RELIASTAR.COM>]

   ***I've not heard of this.  Would you please tell us more of what it is,
how one accesses it, & proposed usage to replace routing?

Thanks--

Jeanette Skwor
skworj@uwgb.edu             "Librarians are Happy Bookers"