Re: Survey of Pay for non-MLS workers -Request for information (Deborah Harrell) Marcia Tuttle 02 Jul 1996 17:39 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:38:21 -0400
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@WESTGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Survey of Pay for non-MLS workers -Request for information

My job crosses your two categories.  I do not "manage" the department; I
oversee all operations except binding.  I process orders, receipts,
payments, and discards for approximately 1600 titles.  I also supervise
claims and renewals.  Associated with this, I oversee our entire holdings
records (about 4000 titles).  Two student workers report directly to me.

I work a 40 hour week (no reference or circulation except on *very*
special occasions) flex-time.  For the fiscal year begun yesterday (July
1), my pay will be $27,800.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626