Re: designations & dates (Sophia McMillen) Marcia Tuttle 29 Jul 1996 12:40 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 17:00:44 -1000
From: Sophia McMillen <sophia@hawaii.edu>
Subject: Re: designations & dates (Patricia Fogler)

Patricia:
        No, we certainly do not erase information on publication life of
the serial when we do not have a complete run.   The CONSER instructions
are for doing original cataloging, i.e. if you were the first cataloger to
describe the publication.    Serials catalogers are very happy to find
complete, accurate bib records for serials of which they have in hand less
than perfect runs.
                        Sophia McMillen
                        University of Hawaii at Manoa