MARC Format for Holdings and Locations records (Linda Gonzalez) Ann Ercelawn 31 Jul 1996 14:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:15:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Linda Gonzalez <gonzalezl@CLPGH.ORG>
Subject: MFHL records

I am not a member of the list but Francie Mrkich at PALINET
suggested I post this query here... my thanks for any advice
you all might share.  To those of you who've seen this already
on AUTOCAT, my apologies.

We will soon be implementing DRA in our consortium and making
use of the MARC Format for Holdings Data to create holdings
records (a.k.a. 'MFHL's) for member libraries.  Other than the
USMARC documenation there do not seem to be many resources in
the library literature to help us interpret the format and make
full use of it.  I've read _The USMARC format for holdings and
locations : development, implementation and use_, edited by
Barry B. Baker and published in 1988, but I wonder if anyone
would care to share any MFHL experiences with me?  I will
summarize for the list if there is interest.

I have already tried ATLAS-L, the DRA list, without much luck;
not many DRA sites are MFHL-ized.

My thanks for any thoughts you might want to share.
--
Linda Gonzalez
 Database Services Consultant