Re: 580 note (Dana Van Meter) (fwd) Marcia Tuttle 10 Jul 1996 19:44 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:40:35 +0400
From: Frieda Rosenberg <friedat@EMAIL.UNC.EDU>
Subject: Re: 580 note (Dana Van Meter)

Dana: Your situation does not in and of itself require a 580 note, but
if you do make one, I believe the wording should be whatever explains
the title best for your own catalog users, and that there is no
prescription for it.  In other words, you could use the Russian title,
the English title, or both, as preferred.  The linking fields, as I see
it, require both titles in order to document and uniquely identify a
combination of uniform title/title proper where changes in either would
require a cataloger to make a successive entry.

Frieda Rosenberg
Serials Cataloger
Davis Library
friedat@email.unc.edu