Re: Erroneous ISSN on Environmental geology (Kathleen A. Peterson) Marcia Tuttle 15 Jul 1996 13:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 08:23:22 -0500
From: Kathleen A Peterson <PETERSON@AC.GRIN.EDU>
Subject: Re: Erroneous ISSN on Environmental geology (Regina Reynolds)

Just wanted to say this publicly, so that Regina and the others from NSDP
who field e-mail questions know how much this is appreciated.

Regina (and others at NSDP):

I really didn't expect apologies because of situations with multiple
ISSN's being assigned. After cataloging serials for at least 15 years, one
expects to run across this type of problem at least once in a while. It's
not nearly so frustrating, however, when there is an e-mail address to
which one can send questions and receive prompt answers, along with
helpful explanations. In this particular case, the information about
publications of multinational publishers is very good to know for future
problems.

I'm sure I speak for myself, as well as for many others, in saying
"THANKS!" for this service. This is not the first time I've sent a
question about ISSN's to NSDP, and I'm sure it will not be the last.
Thanks again for the assistance.

Kathy Peterson
peterson@ac.grin.edu