Re: Journals to Third World Countries (MaryAnn Beecher) Marcia Tuttle 15 Jul 1996 16:06 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 96 9:10:23 MDT
From: MaryAnn Beecher <MBeecher@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: re: Journals to Third World Countries (Michele Tau raso)

Here at Colorado State University, we work with the Overseas Development
Network.  They collect material and then send it to overseas libraries for
the cost of postage (the ship the material in huge metal freigh boxes - the
size of semi trailers??).

Some other places that I've heard about:   (I realize that some of the
information talks mostly about medical, but you might try contacting them
about other subject matters.  I got these names from someone from a medical
library.  Hope the info helps.)

> 1. Medical Books for China
     13021 E Florence Ave
>     Santa Fe Springs  CA 90670
>     (800) 554-2245
          (310) 946-8774
          (310) 946-0073  (fax)

> 2.  Hospital Albert Schweitzer
>     Deschapelles, Haiti
>     CONTACT:  William E. Dunn
>               The Grant Foundation
>               8466 North Lockwood Ridge Road, #111
>               Sarasota FL 34243
>
> 3.  Health Volunteer Oversees
>     202-296-0928
>
> 4.  kkittur@Gslis.ucla.edu
>     Krishna Kittur
>     Graduate School of Library & Info Science
>     University of California-LA
>     405 Hilgard Avenue
>     Los Angeles, CA 90024
>
>     Krishna Kittur
>     Information and Documentation Officer
>     National Instt. Of Rehabilitation Trng & Res.
>     Olatpur, Post: Bairoi, Dist:  Cuttack
>     Orissa, 754010, INDIA
>
> 5.  Mr. R. Anandraj
>     Associate Librarian
>     Zablocki Learning Centre
>     St.John's Medical College & Hospital
>     Sarjapur Road
>     Bangalore 560034, INDIA
>
> 6.  International Book Bank
>     608-L Folcroft St
>     Baltimore, MD 21224
>     800-US-GRANT
>
> 7.  Brother's Brother Foundation (BBF)
>     1025 Beaver Ave
>     Pittsburgh PA 15212
>     412-431-1600
>
> 8.  World Bank Volunteer Services Book Project (WBVS)
>     1818 H Street, NW
>     Room NB1-105
>     Washington DC 20433
>     (202)473-8960
>
> 9.  University of Medicine and Pharmacy
>     University Hospital, SF
>     Medical Clinic Gastro
>     6 600 Iasi
>     ROMANIA
>     Attn:  Carol Stancin, M.D.

Mary Ann Beecher                                        mbeecher @vines.colostate.edu
Gifts and Exchange Section                      (970) 491-1823
Morgan Library                                  (970) 491-1195 (fax)
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO  80523-1019