Re: Anatomy of an invoice (fwd) MS_RESPASS 29 Aug 1996 14:57 UTC

Date:         Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:17:38 EST
From:         MS_RESPASS <mrespass@GEORGIAN.EDU>
Subject:      Re[2]: Anatomy of an invoice

---------------------
On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Gloria Ostrander wrote:
> An analysis of our current renewal invoice from a (the) major microfom vendor
> revealed price increases of more than 11% in 34 % of the titles:
>>snip>
> We had only projected an overall increase in serials of 10%, so we are
> going to have to switch many of these titles from film to binding.  I'd
> be interested in hearing if other libraries have experienced similar
> price jumps for a large portion of their micro. collection.
>

> Gloria Ostrander-Dykstra
> AULTS
> Boise State University Library
> <ALIOSTRA@IDBSU.IDBSU.EDU>

    We experienced substantial increases and are in the process of
    canceling a number of microform titles.  We will revert back
    to binding.  The cost of the microform is simply prohibitive
    in comparison to the labor and cost of binding.

          Marie Respass
          mrespass@georgian.edu
          Georgian Court College
          Lakewood, N. J.