Re: Accreditation and full text (Steve Black) Ann Ercelawn 07 Aug 1996 18:10 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 09:08:45 -0700
From: Steve Black <blacks@ROSNET.STROSE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation and full text

The potential role of program accreditation agencies in an
academic library's selection of full-text databases as an alternative
to print indexes appears to be relatively insignificant.  The one
response I got from the list and my look at the literature (there isn't
much on this topic) indicate that as long as alternatives to print
journals meet the needs of researchers and are part of an articulated
plan, the accreditation agencies will be satisfied.

Steve Black
The College of Saint Rose
Albany, NY
blacks@rosnet.strose.edu