Re: Magazines and CD-ROMs (Nancy Hanks) Marcia Tuttle 08 Aug 1996 16:56 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 12:18:59 EDT
From: Nancy Hanks <NSH@SRUVM.SRU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Magazines and CD-ROMs (Stephanie Brooks)

      We have also noticed an increasing amount of accompaning material on
CD-ROM or diskette.

      We house the material separately from the book.  Diskettes are
copied and one copy (probably the original) is archived.  The other copy
is the circulating copy.  The copying is done by Cataloging as part of the
processing. Diskettes are put in disk envelopes and CD-ROMs in small,
archival type envelopes.  The envelopes are labeled and barcoded.  The
actual disks and CD-ROMs are also labeled.  If they came with a book, they
receive the book's call number followed by "diskette" or "diskette 1",
etc.  If they came with a periodical, they receive an accession type
number.  I believe they circulate for one week.  Hope this helps.

Nancy Hanks                           email: nsh@sruvm.sru.edu
Serials Librarian
Bailey Library
Slippery Rock University