Interpreter's newsletter (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 16 Aug 1996 15:17 UTC

2 messages, 84 lines:

(1)--------------------------
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:10:29 GMT+2
From:         "Heinrich C. Kuhn" <hck@IPP-GARCHING.MPG.DE>
Subject:      Re: The Interpreter's newsletter

Bryn Deamer's (libper@BWC.ORG) hint was to go to the Trieste OPAC:

> In connection to the thread appended, and following Heinrich's lead I tried
> connecting to Trieste's OPAC - but the instructions are in Italian, and
> whatever I tried returned 0 records.
>
> One would think their own library would have copies... The URL is as follows:
>
> http://utsopac.univ.trieste.it/easyweb/esperti.html
>
> I'm interested because we also had a request a few years back and came to a
> dead-end (that was in 2 or 1 B.I. [Before Internet] for us).

The hint to go to this OPAC was a good one: I tried. And (like
the last time with ZDB) I retrieved less than desired, but
something at least: not a master record for the journal, but
at least records for single issues. Here's the one for issue
number 3:

<quote>
 Tipo di materiale: Periodico
             Titolo: The interpreters' newsletter : number 3
    Responsabilita': [general editors Laura Gran, John Dodds]
      Pubblicazione: Trieste : Scuola superiore di lingue moderne per
                     interpreti e traduttori, 1990
               Data: 1990
 Descrizione fisica: 127 p. ; 28 cm
             Autori: Gran, Laura
                     Dodds, John
             Lingua: inglese
                     multilingue
Paese pubblicazione: Italia
         Biblioteca: Biblioteca Scuola di lingue
             - Coll: CONT.-4-III
 Database originale: BIBLO
   Codice di record: 020202
 Master File Number: 018721
</quote>

Other entries show that co-editors change but Laura Gran
remains the main editor. What yet lacks is an address
for the Scuola superiore di lingue moderne per interpreti
e traduttori at Trieste ... .

Best wishes for the rest of the hunt!

Heinrich C. Kuhn
* Dr. Heinrich C. Kuhn      Max-Planck-Gesellschaft /GV IIb3
* Postfach 101062 (P.B.)    Koeniginstr. 19  (street)
* D-80084 Muenchen (P.B.)   D-80539 Muenchen (street addr.)
*
* eMail:
*   hck@ipp-garching.mpg.de           or
*   kuhn@mpg-gv.mpg.de
*
* voice: +49-89-2108 1563    Fax: +49-89-2108 1565

(2)--------------------------
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:59:57 +0800
From:         Eugenie Ng <eugenien@LN.EDU.HK>

Bryn,

Thank you for the info.

Regards

Eugenie
Eugenie Ng Yuk-Chun                                =
Assistant Librarian II     Tel:    (852)2616-8562  =
Lingnan College Library    Fax:    (852)2838-6231  =
Tuen Mun, Hong Kong        Email:Eugenien@ln.edu.hk=