Re: Aviation Week and Space Tech missing pages (9 messages) Birdie MacLennan 11 Sep 1996 02:29 UTC

9 messages, 165 lines:

(1)----------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:32:04 -0500
From:         Pauline Bryant <bryantp@HOST1.SWOSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Aviation Week and Space Tech missing pages?

Brad Coon <coon@CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU> wrote:
> Our copy of the Sept. 2, 1996 (v.145,no.10) issue of Aviation Week
> and Space Technology arrived with a gap in pagination, pp.57-64.  Is
> this a fluke of my issue, a misnumbering, does anyone have an issue
> with these pages?

Our Sept. 2, 1996 issue has an attached (somewhat) brochure? of 8
pages.  Could easily be removed or become separated in the mail.
Do you think this accounts for the missing pages?  Just guessing
since that is the number of pages missing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Pauline Bryant, Serials Dept.
Al Harris Library, Southwestern Okla State Univ
Weatherford, Oklahoma 73096
bryant@host1.swosu.edu          (405) 774-7022
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(2)------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:02:14 -0500
From:         Sarah Stevens-Rayburn <LIBRARY@STSCI.EDU>

Since the table of contents doesn't list another article on those pages, I
am assuming that the large foldout poster that is tipped in there accounts
for the "missing" pages.

Sarah Stevens-Rayburn, Librarian
Space Telescope Science Institute
3700 San Martin Drive
Baltimore, MD  21218
USA

email:  library@stsci.edu
telephone:  410-338-4961
fax:  410-338-4767
home page: http://sesame.stsci.edu/library.html

(3)------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:21:20 -0700
From:         Rose Robischon <ur6146@WESTPOINT-EMH2.ARMY.MIL>

We checked our copy and it does not have any gap.

Rose Robischon
Serials Librarian
United States Military Academy

Internet:  ur6146@WESTPOINT-EMH2.ARMY.MIL
Voice:     914-938-2843
Fax:       914-938-3456

(4)------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:27:22 -0400
From:         Linda Grooms <lgrooms@STETSON.EDU>

Our copy has the same pagination, but I don't beleive anything is missing.
The table of contents lists nothing between the article which ends on page
56 and the one which begins on page 65. Evidently the editors are counting
the fold-out diagrams as the 8 pages. The same thing occurs between pages 19
and 24.

Linda Grooms
Periodicals Supervisor
LGrooms@stetson.edu

(5)-------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:07:19 EST5DST
From:         "Elizabeth A. McCabe" <EMCCABE@SBU.EDU>
Subject:      AVIATION WEEK &... 9/2/96 PG GAP

  RE: BRAD COON'S QUERY - Aviation Week @ Space Tech 9/2/96, gap
      in pagination pp57-64.  There is an insert "Aerospatiale"
      after pg 56 which I think account for those pages.

    Elizabeth A. McCabe
    Assistant-Library/Periodicals
    St. Bonaventure University
    St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
    TEL:(716)375-2345 FAX: 375-2389  INTERNET: emccabe@sbu.edu

(6)----------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:08:14 -0600
From:         LINDA ROGERS <rogersl@SPOT.COLORADO.EDU>

Brad,

Your missing pages are a bound-in, fold-out poster of Aerospatiale
aircraft. Maybe it's "moved" to someone's wall?

Linda Rogers
Gemmill Engineering Library
University of Colorado at Boulder

(7)------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:55:03 -0700
From:         Stephen Clark <sdclar@MAIL.SWEM.WM.EDU>

After a check of the table of contents for the 9/2/96 issue of Aviation
Week and Space Technology, it appears as though there is no content
missing.  If you take the foldout poster which is in that spot and count
each of the spaces marked by the folds, that will supply the missing
pages.

I do not know whether this is what the publisher intended, but its
likelihood is within the realm of possibility.

Stephen Clark

--
Stephen D. Clark                   phone: 757-221-3107
Acquisitions Librarian             fax: 757-221-2635

(8)-------------------------
Date:         Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:50:16 -0700
From:         "MORSE, CAROL" <morsca@DOSGATE.WWC.EDU>

My issue is the same way.
Carol Morse                                  Phone: 509)527-2290
Serials Librarian                            Fax:   509)527-2001
Walla Walla College Library                  Email: morsca@wwc.edu
College Place, WA  99324

          Grant us wisdom to find the way and strength to carry on.

Date:          Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:48:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:          Sandra Hernandez <SHERNAND@Trinity.Edu>

We received Sept. 2, 1996 (v.145, no.10) and from what I can tell
pp. 57-64 are not missing.  There is a map inserted in this gap that
accounts for these missing pages

(210)736-8171