Re. Frequency of reproduced serials (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 18 Sep 1996 17:32 UTC

2 messages, 57 lines:

(1)-------------------------
Date:         Wed, 18 Sep 1996 08:01:20 CST
From:         Carrie Ferm 7316 <ALICF@AUGUSTANA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Frequency of reproduced serials
Comments: To: "Swedish Medical Center|Ballard,
          Reference Library" <swedlib2@WLN.COM>

Good morning.

I just read your post on checking in microfiche.  I was a little
confused as to what you actually do, but since we do it differently,
I didn't try to figure it out.

I just check the microfiche or microfilm in with the dates on the
fiche or film.  This way I know exactly what volume, issue and date
of the micro is that we have.

We are now using Faxon Microlinx check in system, but of course will
be changing to something else in the near future, so who knows I may
be asking for help later on because of the change in checkin
procedures.  Good luck.

     Carrie Ferm
     Periodical Section
     Augustana College Library
     3435 9 1/2 Avenue
     Rock Island, IL  61201

(309)794-7316
e-mail:  alicf@augustana.edu

(2)-----------------------
Date:         Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:11:21 CDT
From:         Victoria Swinney <vswinney@CUOK.CAMERON.EDU>

Mike,

We also check in reproduced serials based on their frequency in reproduction.
We just use volume number and date (no issue numbers) so that each batch is
checked in with one issue.  This way we can check on late issues, know what
has arrived, and keep check-in simple.

If you are asking someone to check in each issue when the batch arrives, I
would rebel too.

     /\  /\            Victoria K. Swinney
 /\ /  \/  \           Serials/Reference/Bibliographic Instruction Librarian
/  /   /    \          vswinney@cameron.edu
Cameron University     2800 W. Gore Blvd.    voice:   (405) 581-2960
Library                Lawton, OK 73505      fax:     (405) 581-2386
***********This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will************
***************rejoice and be glad in it.  (Psalm 118:24)***************