Frequency of reproduced serials (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 19 Sep 1996 17:03 UTC

2 messages, 34 lines:

(1)----------------------
Date:         Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:44:08 -0400
From:         "Carla E. Pantaleon" <WHE_CXP@FLO.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Frequency of reproduced serials

Hello Mike, I have to side with the CHIEF on this one. I'm the chief at my
Library (Serials) and I refuse to check in the fiche and I did tell my Superior
so from the onset of things. She did go along with what I said but I now have
a NEW superior and isn't sure if this one will make me do differently.
I use the DRA serials sub-system and has been working with it since, Jan. 1992
and my library belongs to a consortia of 13 Libraries (its a mix of Public &
academic). So there's my 2 cents on the topic. Bye for now, Carla.

[From:  "Carla E. Pantaleon" <WHE_CXP@FLO.ORG>]

(2)-------------------------
Date:         Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:53:18 EDT
From:         Linda Walling <LINWALL@VM.SC.EDU>

Thanks! I love it. I tend to agree with the rebel. Seems like you should be abl
e to electronically flag those few journals which are affected. But I suppose i
t depends on the system being used. Please forward any suggestions the man rece
ives.       Linda

Linda Lucas Walling
College of Library and Information Science
University of South Carolina  Columbia SC 29208
Phone: 803-777-2298    Fax: 803-777-7938
INTERNET: LINWALL@VM.SC.EDU

"THE PRESENT IS WHAT THE PAST IS DOING TODAY"--ALAN JONES