Subscription agent service (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 21 Oct 1996 21:20 UTC

3 messages, 83 lines:

(1)-----------------------
Date:         Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:34:40 -0700
From:         Steve Black <blacks@ROSNET.STROSE.EDU>

I made a post last week asking if others had experienced problems with EBSCO
claims.
  The collective answer is no.  I should add that EBSCO assures me they did
not lose any files.  I should not have made such a conjecture without any
evidence, and I apologize for making an incorrect guess.  It's not EBSCO's
fault that I couldn't get my nails to hold the jello to the wall last week.

Steve Black
The College of Saint Rose
blacks@rosnet.strose.edu

(2)---------------------
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:38:46 -0700
From: Ron Phillips <ron.phillips@sonoma.edu>

Steve - I find that EBSCO will often report 'we have no record...' when a
title is a 'comes with' title.  In other words, a title we do not directly pay
for, but comes with something we do.  I don't know if this applies in your
case...

Ron Phillips
Sonoma State University Library
ron.phillips@sonoma.edu

(3)---------------------
Date:         Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:17:15 -0500
From:         "wilson, melissa" <melissa.wilson@SRU.EDU>

>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:03:54
>To: "hanks, nancy" <nancy.hanks@sru.edu>
>From: Melissa Wilson <melissa.wilson@sru.edu>
>
>At 11:35 AM 10/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Interesting!  We'll have to keep watch.>
>>
>>>Date:         Fri, 18 Oct 1996 17:12:59 EST
>>>Sender:       "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
>>>              <SERIALST@UVMVM.UVM.EDU>
>>>From:         Steve Black <blacks@ROSNET.STROSE.EDU>
>>>
>>>Some recent correspondence from EBSCO has given me the impression that they
>>>may have lost some data.  Specifically, some of our claims have been sent
>>>back with a "we have no record. . ." response when I have it in black and
>>>white on my renewal lists.  My guess (and it's only a guess) is they had a
>>>computer problem that resulted in some lost files.
>>>
>>>  Has anyone else experienced similar problems?  Anyone have any information
>>>on this?
>>>
>>>Steve Black
>>>The College of Saint Rose
>>>Albany, NY
>>>blacks@rosnet.strose.edu
>>>
>>Nancy S. Hanks                                Phone:  412-738-2658
>>Serials Librarian                     Fax:    412-738-2661
>>Bailey Library                                Email:  nancy.hanks@sru.edu
>>Slippery Rock University
>>Slippery Rock, PA  16057
>>
>>We have experienced something similar here at SRU. I did enter some claims
thru EBSCONet on the internet late in July and received a similar response
when I inquired about the status or lack of status on a recent claim
checker.  I've also found that some information returned on the claim
checker does not get the proper attention and claims have been known to
"drop off".  Claiming always seems to be a problem no matter who you're
dealing with.

[From:     "wilson, melissa" <melissa.wilson@SRU.EDU>]