Datapro's Software Digest (Patty Fogler) Ann Ercelawn 30 Oct 1996 19:22 UTC

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:54:58 -0600 (CST)
From: Fogler Patty <pfogler@MAX1.AU.AF.MIL>
Subject: Datapro's  Software Digest

Help!
I'm try to sort out the web woven by Datapro's latest release of the
binders containing the two separate titles:  Groupware, Systems, &
Development Software and Software Digest (which their represenative calls
NSTL software digest).   I'm only adding a 246 for the NSTL as it's not in
the actual title on the item.
        I'm told that the first title absorbed the title Systems Software
(which we have cataloged as part of our Workgroup Computing Series on oclc
# 26235740) as well as 1 and a half other titles.       I'm not having as
much trouble with that title as with the title Software Digest.  I'm using
oclc record 32297326 which states that this title began with vol. 12 no. 3
(Mar 1995) when it replaced Software Digest Ratings Report.   We never
carried that so I can't verify the date.  From what I understand (NSTL)
Software Digest  has now absorbed the title Desktop Applications from
Datapro's workgroup computing series as of 9/96.   Can anyone who has
received this longer tell me if the Software Digest title actually DID
start Mar '95?  This disparity in dates makes me feel uneasy in discarding
the full Desktop Applications binder.  Do I need to keep any information in
the Desktop Applications binder?    Or can I just add a 580  Absorbed
Desktop Applications Sep. 1996. and 780 05 note to my current Software
Digest record?
        I'd be grateful for any insight that can be shed on this maze of a
title.

Patricia Fogler
Cataloger
Air University Library