increased printing with full-text databases (fwd) Marcia Tuttle 04 Oct 1996 19:48 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 12:14:18 -0700
From: Elaine F. Jurries <ejurries@CASTLE.CUDENVER.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list SEREDIT <SEREDIT@uvmvm.uvm.edu>
Subject: increased printing with full-text databases

     Our library is in the process of adding 3-4 more full-text
periodical databases to our OPAC.  We expect user printing to greatly
increase.  How have other libraries handled the increased printing that
results from adding full-text databases to the OPAC?  For example, do
you begin to charge your users for printing, have you set up print
stations to which users send their print jobs, set aside certain OPACs
for full-text searching and printing only, etc?

     Thanks in advance for your responses.

Elaine F. Jurries
Coordinator of Serials services
ejurries@castle.cudenver.edu
Auraria Library -
Serving the University of Colorado at Denver
Metropolitan State College of Denver
Community College of Denver